Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Our method is able to capitalise the strength of the head office and contextualise them in a new market. It works as follows:
The key players in the method are:
- The company head office or regional head office – represented at the CxO level including international sales director, head of Human Resources, Head of Finance
- The director of Leaders Group in the country of the company
- The director of Leaders Group in the target country with the expansion will take place
- External specialists in the target country called to support specialised areas as needed. These partners will be selected by the local director of Swiss Leaders Group and under their coordination.
The different steps to implement an international expansion are:
- Plan design and validation
At the head office or regional head office, an international expansion plan is designed in common, covering timeline, market goals, staffing plan and legal aspects.
This plan is validated by the regional director of Swiss Leaders in the target country and finally agreed by all parties
- Culture assessment
Swiss Leaders Group assesses the culture of the company at the head office. This goes beyond the documented values, mission and vision of the company and represents the effective way the company works and the most important values. This ensures that the new market team will fit the company culture.
- Establishing of the local entity
Swiss Leaders Group’s director will establish locally the legal entity and provide suitable domiciliation.
- Due diligence, market research, registration of products and patents
Swiss Leaders Group will coordinate the needed due diligence, market research, registration of the company products, patents and needed authorisations.
- Job descriptions
Job descriptions are drafted, validated in the target country and final agreed, as well as a hiring budget
Swiss Leaders Group will search for suitable resources and conduct the first interviews. The short-listed candidates will be presented to the company HR and the final interviews organised.
- Setup of local support operations
Swiss Leaders Group will set up the finance, HR and legal operations of the company in the target country
- Training manual
The company and Swiss Leaders Group will work in common to prepare and translate guideline, operations manuals for the onboarding on the new employee, the fulfil not only the operations principles but also the company culture.
- Validation of results and go-ahead
All partners are reviewing the objectives of initial implementation and giving the go-ahead. Areas for further improvements are defined and taken care of using an agile method.
- Operational excellence
The partners are fulfilling their role, the company in their core area, and Swiss Leaders Group as a supporting single-source partner for non-core operations.
Disclaimer: depending on the markets, some of the services will be externalised. However, the partner will be carefully selected, ensure that the said partner represent fully our values and company culture.